The United Methodist Foundation of West Virginia, Inc. awarded grants in August of 2022 totaling over $100,000 to several ministries across the Annual Conference. According to Foundation president, Jeff Taylor, The Foundation’s Grants Committee reviews applications and awards grants to help fund innovative programs that address acute needs in communities. The Foundation awarded grants for the following:
- The Southern Appalachian Labor School received a grant to continue their work repairing owner-occupied homes in the coalfields of West Virginia.
- First United Methodist Church in Elkins received a grant to expand their feeding ministry, providing nourishment to those experiencing food insecurity.
- Rebuilding Together Charleston received a grant to continue their Safe at Home project, providing home repairs to improve the owner’s safety and quality of life.
- Cheat Lake United Methodist Church in Morgantown received a grant to expand their technological capabilities.
- Warwood United Methodist Church in Wheeling received a grant to create an entrance to their building that is accessible to all.
- Sugar Valley United Methodist Church in Bruceton Mills received a grant to improve their sound system, increasing accessibility to the hard of hearing.
- Antioch United Methodist Church in New Creek received a grant to install kitchen and bathroom facilities to accommodate mission teams and those who are temporarily displaced by natural disasters.
- Hardy County Helpers in Moorefield received a grant to continue their work building accessibility ramps.
- Spring Heights Camp and Retreat Center in Spencer received a grant to expand their DaySpring Mobile Camp program.
- Crim Memorial United Methodist Church in Philippi received a grant to expand their streaming capabilities.
- Racine United Methodist Church in Racine received a grant to install a new sound system in their auditorium.
The United Methodist Foundation of West Virginia, Inc., established in 1974, manages over $125 Million for ministries in West Virginia and Garrett County, Maryland.