United Methodist Foundation of West Virginia
Director of Communications
The United Methodist Foundation of West Virginia, Inc. (UMFWV), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in Charleston, West Virginia is seeking to fill a newly created full time position of Director of Communications.
The Director of Communications, working as part of a collaborative ministry team, will be responsible for implementing communication and marketing plans and strategies for UMFWV. The Director will consistently communicate the mission, ministry, philosophy, goals, and objectives of UMFWV with internal and external stakeholders.
First United Methodist Church, Ravenswood, WV
First UMC in Ravenswood is looking for a Pianist to play right now for our Sunday morning service, but it would expand as Covid things change and we are able to do more with our music groups. Anyone interested please send letter with resume to the following address:
719 Flinn Street
Ravenswood, WV 26164
Concord United Methodist Church
Athens, WV 24712
CONTACT: Please send resume to Rev. Dr. Felica Wooten Willams, firstname.lastname@example.org
The secretary of Concord United Methodist Church shall…
1. Be in the office on a regular weekly schedule, which shall be filed in writing with the pastor. The secretary shall fill out time sheets as required to document hours worked.
2. Work closely with the pastor to maintain a professional but welcoming presence for people interacting with Concord United Methodist Church. The secretary shall maintain strict confidence with regard to private matters of individuals, and all activity, deliberations and outcomes of church committees that are not yet public.
3. Be proficient in the use of the church’s office equipment, including telephone system, office computers, word processing programs, the church printer / photocopier, and basic financial spreadsheets. The secretary will use internet skills to upload items to the church website and assist with communication and promotion via social media.
4. Check the church’s mailbox at the U.S. Post Office once per day of work. Check church-related emails at least once per day of work. Handle correspondence with the District Office and Conference Office, with members and attendees of Concord United Methodist Church, with other churches, and with vendors and utility companies as necessary. Deliver phone messages accurately and promptly and, where required, confidentially.
5. Serve as a ministry assistant to the pastor, helping maintain the church’s membership databases and arranging visitation appointments for the pastor.
6. Assist the pastor in the compilation of Charge Conference reports, district and annual conference reports, and reports which may be required from time to time by church committees.
7. With the pastor’s assistance and oversight, handle paperwork for authorized purchases by the church, and for the prompt payment for goods and services.
8. Distribute documents, such as yearly tax forms regarding the employment of paid staff of the local church.
9. Compose, proofread, and print and fold bulletins for services in a timely manner. This shall include Sunday morning services, and, as necessary, special services.
10. Notify the pastor in advance when office materials (such as paper, toner, envelopes, and miscellaneous supplies) are in need of being replenished.
11. Help ensure that the church’s commitment to safe practices with youth is followed by people in the church building.
12. Maintain control of any assigned keys. Assist the pastor with a master list of keys given out to others. Lock up the church if the last to leave the church building.
13. Meet with the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRCC) at least once annually.
14. Accomplish other duties as required.
15. The secretary shall not be required to be a member of Concord United Methodist Church.
16. Payment of wages shall be by the hour. No travel reimbursement will be allowed. In the event that the secretary must be absent from her or his duties for a time period spanning more than two weeks, coordinate in advance with the pastor.
Drummer Needed for Blended/Contemporary Worship
Elizabeth Memorial United Methodist, Charleston WV (Oakwood Road/South Hills)
Work creatively with Director of Music and other musicians to engage and enhance participation in music ministry. One weekly worship service on Sunday morning and two rehearsals, mid-week and 1-hour before worship.
Contact: Rebecca Hodges, Director of Music. email@example.com
Christian Formation/Family Life Coordinator at Christ UMC (Wheeling)
The Christian Formation/Family Life Coordinator will direct a broad-based Christian education ministry that will involve children, youth, and their families by developing, implementing and facilitating programs and activities of fellowship, utilizing creativity and innovation in the introduction and execution of programs and events.