The West Virginia Conference of The United Methodist Church in partnership with UMCOR and WV-VOAD.
Your financial contributions go a long way to help with flood response and recovery.
Choose option #2 "United Methodist Flood and Disaster Response"
at the WV UM Foundation's giving portal.
100% of your contribution will be used for our recovery efforts.
The New Vision Depot serves as the main hub for Disaster Relief Ministry of the West Virginia Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. Learn More
Recovery after a major flood takes a long time and coordination between volunteers and the communities affected. West Virginia Conference Disaster Recovery: A New Vision with Hope seeks to meet the needs of those affected by the Summer 2016 floods.
Conference Disaster Response Leaders
Rev. Dan Lowther: 304-642-0897 (c)
Rev. Sue Lowther: 304-642-0896 (c)
Rev. Jack Lipphardt: 304-639-7035 (c)
Rev. JF Lacaria: 304-561-8097
Volunteers in Mission Coordinator:
Rev. David Stilgenbauer: 304-210-6938
Disaster Response Ministries: Responding with Love for as Long as it Takes.
Disaster response ministry demonstrates a core Christian value: caring for people affected by sudden emergencies.
Our Conference disaster response coordinators help assess needs in the days following a disaster, recruit work teams, and help organize and collect materials such as cleaning buckets, health kits, and other materials as needed.
The work of the West Virginia Annual Conference Disaster Response Ministries is grounded in faith in God and in the communities we serve. This gives us the courage to serve boldly as the presence of Christ to alleviate human suffering and advance hope and healing.
- WV Annual Conference Disaster Response Ministries provides practical, proactive support to the most vulnerable survivors of chronic or momentary emergencies stemming from natural or civil causes.
- The WV Annual Conference Disaster Response Ministries honors cultural differences. We deliver aid to people without regard to race, religion, politics, gender or sexual orientation. We seek input from local communities in identifying needs and developing innovative solutions.
- All people have God-given dignity and worth. The most essential partner in the West Virginia Annual Conference Disaster Response Ministries work is the beneficiary.
- WV Annual Conference Disaster Response Ministries works with partners—especially those who are indigenous to the affected locale. Civic organizations, faith communities, school leaders, and other local resources are great assets to sustainable recovery and development, particularly after massive traumatic events.
- WV Annual Conference Disaster Response Ministries is a good steward of its gifts and grants.
- WV Annual Conference Disaster Response Ministries does not tie the promise of its relief and development activity to any religious or political viewpoint.
- The WV Annual Conference Disaster Response Ministries professional staff incorporates best practices and standards to provide innovative, effective, and integrated ministry.
- The WV Annual Conference Disaster Response Ministries welcomes the good efforts of countless individuals and churches who support us through gifts, prayers, and service.