Join the Youth Cohort for the 2022-2023 school year
The West Virginia Conference is partnering with Perkins School of Youth Ministry and their Reboot program for our next youth cohort, which will start in September. The Reboot program helps people discover a new approach to youth ministry—one that involves the whole church and integrates work with youth into the life of the congregation. If your church is ready to be innovative, Reboot can help you customize a plan that maximizes the particular gifts and mission of your people.
This is a great leadership development opportunity for volunteers and young people. We are using an application process to join the cohort.
Applications will be accepted through August 26th.
The Youth Cohort is for:
- All WVUMC churches. We can accept ten churches into this year’s program. This is appropriate for small and large congregations.
- Churches who want to take the time to explore their gifts and how they can connect with students in their communities.
- You do NOT need to have a paid youth worker to participate in this program.
What we ask of participating churches:
- A year-long commitment to the Reboot process includes monthly Reboot team meetings.
- 5-10 members from church create a Reboot Team (at least 1/3 of which are students 10-19 years old).
- Being present at the September 23-24 retreat and sending a representative to the Feb 10-11 check-in.
- Contribute $500 to participate in the program, and if they follow through with the program, we will give them $250 towards their ministry programming. Additionally, they will be eligible for $2,000 grants through Perkins in January 2023.