For participants, Mission u is an opportunity to study current issues impacting society based on current mission study topics with particular attention to the responsibilities of women in fulfilling the mission work of the church. Participants grow in understanding the mission of the church in the current world context; conference events are open to members and non-members of United Methodist Women.
Mission u events* include:
- Worship & singing
- Interest Groups around current issues
- Mission Projects
- Audiovisual presentations
- Fellowship events
*Due to the pandemic and restrictions on in-person gathering, alternatives are being offered. Contact your church's UMW President to find out more.
2021 Mission Studies
- Finding Peace in an Anxious World
- Pushout: The Criminalization of Black Girls in Schools
- Bearing Witness in the Kin-dom: Living Into the Church’s Moral Witness through Radical Discipleship
- A Youth Study: Becoming Peacemakers in a Culture of Violence
- A Children’s Study: Responding to Violence
Each year, United Methodist Women members prepare for faithful living and action by studying mission studies. Mission studies are offered each year - a geographical, topical, and spiritual growth study. These studies motivate, inform, and enrich our commitment to global ministry.
Local leaders are trained to lead one of the three mission studies through the organization's Mission u program offered around the country. Those leaders, in turn, are able to lead mission studies in their local and district groups.