Celebration of Mission Event cash funds totaling $86,805.53 have been distributed to the various Conference Mission Ministries throughout the WV Annual Conference. The total represents cash gifts provided by churches and individuals from January 1 – June 30, 2021.
Each of our seven Conference Mission Projects, Volunteers in Mission, and the New Vision Depot received grants totaling $8,343.00, and the Church and Community Ministry at Clarksburg were granted $4,172.00. Through June 30 COME cash gifts have exceeded all of 2020 COME donations by nearly $10,000.00, thanks in large measure to the Cabinet’s “Miniature Car Race” which raised in excess of $60,000.00. The total is also a tribute to the support local churches and individuals continue to have for this vital conference-wide project and the ministries performed by our Conference Mission Ministries.
In addition to the COME grant, the mission projects have also received a 2021 grant of $1,150.00 from the Mission Projects Trust Fund administered by the United Methodist Foundation and solely supported by 10% of undesignated Celebration of Mission Event cash gifts. Additional information regarding the 2021 Celebration of Mission Event:
- Every cent given for COME is distributed for mission ministries within the WV Annual Conference. No funds are used for administrative costs.
- COME funds may be remitted to the Conference Treasurer or District Offices through December 31, 2021.
- COME Remittance Forms for use by local churches and/or individuals are available at District Offices and on the Conference and District Websites.
- Printable versions of the 2021 COME Booklet are available on Conference and District Websites.
- A second distribution of COME funds will be made at the end of the calendar year.
Thank you for your continued support of our Conference Mission Ministries through the Celebration of Mission Event.