I hope everyone had a blessed Easter and is enjoying the beautiful spring weather God has blessed us with. As we move into May we have quite a few things that we can be aware of when it comes to disabilities.
- Better Hearing and Speech Month
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- National Asthma and Allergy Awareness Month (probably many of us dealing with this)
- Prader Willi Awareness Month (Genetic Disorder that give the urge to eat constantly) www.pwsausa.org
- Williams Syndrome Awareness Month; rare genetic disorder that causes developmental and learning disabilities; www.williams-syndrome.org
- May 1: Global Developmental Delay Day
- May 15: Tuberous Sclerosis Global Awareness Day
- May 5-12: Cri du Chat (cat’s cry) Awareness Week; Chromosome 5p deletion, www.rarediseases.org
- May 8-14 Brain Injury Awareness Week
Enjoy this spring weather and let’s help be advocates for those that can not do it on their own.
Michael Ludle, WVUMC Disability Ministries Chair