The health insurance plan offered by the West Virginia Conference is HealthFlex through WesPath. HealthFlex is a wellness-driven group health plan that offers participants expanded benefits including:
- several options for medical, dental, and vision, allowing individuals and families to tailor their plan to their needs.
- HRA, HSA, and FSA options to help cover healthcare costs.
- access to a strong wellness plan, which includes an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP), health coaching, a diabetes prevention program.
If you have questions, you can call the HealthFlex Team at 1-800-851-2201 (option 2).
If you've misplaced your ID card, please call HealthFlex at to have a new one sent. You can print a temporary ID card to carry until the new card comes using the instructions below:
Important: Claims from dates of service up to December 31, 2021 will still be processed under the prior health plan through Benefit Assistance Corporation. Claims from dates of service beginning January 1, 2022 will be processed through HealthFlex.
Learn more about the plans through these helpful webinars:
WVUMC - Rx
WVUMC - Health Accounts
Open enrollment will be held annually for two weeks in November, with changes effective January 1. If you experience a status change mid-year, Teresa Bellamy at email@example.com for assistance.
If you have additional questions after reviewing this information, please contact:
Teresa Bellamy at 304-344-8331, ext. 41 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jamion Wolford at 304-344-8331, ext. 35 email@example.com
2022 Health Plan Premiums
- Please note that the medical, dental, and vision plans have separate premiums.
HealthFlex Plan Comparison (PDF)
- This document outlines the unique features of each of the six medical plan options, as well as the three dental plan options and two vision plan options.
Optum Rx Covered Formulary List (*this list changes each January and June)
* Please note that Retired Clergy and Active Clergy who are on Medicare will still utilize Benefit Assistance Corporation for their Medicare Supplement Plan.
Medicare Supplement Participants
The Medicare Supplement plan for Retired Clergy and Active Clergy who are on Medicare is offered through Benefit Assistance Corporation. Dental is also still provided through this plan, utilizing the 4Most Network.
Medicare Small Employer Exemption
Eligible health plan participants, those who are still actively serving the church, will be moved to Medicare under the umbrella of the Small Employer Exception. Retirees will not be affected by this change.
Click on links below to read plan details.