Director of Technology, Suncrest United Methodist Church
Suncrest United Methodist Church is a vibrant and Christ-centered church, ministering to the Morgantown area, WVU campuses, and well beyond. We are a community of HOPE – Hospitable to all God’s children, offering new life in Christ, helping persons live into their God-given purpose, and engage the world as disciples of Christ. Our director of technology is a vital member of a church staff whose passion is to fulfill this vision.
Suncrest’s director of technology has these major responsibilities:
- Provide proactive leadership and training with technology volunteers and church staff
- Assure that person(s) are available during worship services and other events as needed
- Facilitate audio/video streaming and post-production
- Create screen presentations for services
- Keep the chancel area/stage functional and looking presentable for worship services
- Archive audio/video of worship services as well as other requested events
- Produce DVDs upon request
- Maintain audio/visual configuration
- Set a culture of excellence and constant improvement
- Serve as a proponent for new technology and resources that will improve church function and presentations
- Troubleshoot problems
- Minimize risk of system failures
Applicants for the director of technology will have the following skills:
- Can support and strengthen the mission, vision, and values of Suncrest UMC as we make disciples of Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Has ability to lead, motivate, and train tech interns and volunteers
- Has excellent planning, organizational, and scheduling skills
- Has ability to work collaboratively with church staff and volunteers
- Has expertise to maintain and manage church tech as described under job responsibilities
- Has expertise and prior experience in IT/AV technologies
- Standard IT assistance
- Minor web development through GoDaddy, Wordpress
- Minor graphic design and video editing using Adobe Suite
- Comfort with Microsoft products including Windows 10, Office 365 Admin, etc.
- Comfort with computer hardware and ability to build and repair PCs
- Familiarity with PTZ cameras and live streaming to YouTube
- Familiarity with ProTools
- Comfort running a live digital sound board
The director of technology is employed at 35 hours per week, receiving an hourly rate, and a benefit package.
To apply for this position, please contact Rev. Michael Estep at 304-276-7209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Marks United Methodist Church
The primary role of the Administrative Assistant is to provide support and assistance to the pastor and lay leadership of the congregation in coordinating the work of the church office and to give oversight to the finances of the church. An additional role is to provide help and support for the members and the community who contact the office.
Administration of church office
- Type the ministry opportunities/calendar/anniversaries/birthdays section of weekly bulletin, copy, and work with Generation Forward: Children to prepare children’s weekly worship handouts.
- Work with SGB: Building Relationships leader to mail out bulletins, Upper Rooms, and other materials.
- Type and send miscellaneous correspondence, including email, Remind, thank you notes. Work with SGB: Communications leader to determine how communications with church family and beyond should be handled.
- Prepare membership transfer letters and certificates and baptism and confirmation certificates. Work with SGB: Building Relationships leader to coordinate the making of quilts given for births and other reasons.
- Maintain calendar for church events, ministerial appointments, meetings, gym usage and other activities at St. Marks. Inform custodians of meetings so that the rooms are prepared.
- Order office supplies, paper, and postage.
- Work with SGB: Communications leader and Communications staff person on posting news on St Marks app, website, St Marks UMC fb page, St Marks YouTube, and in weekly bulletin for those to whom bulletins are mailed.
- Work with pastor and church leadership to prepare Charge Conference reports and
- with Church Treasurer to prepare end of the year Statistical Reports for General Church.
- Maintain calendar for providing flowers for altar and order flowers for hospital stays and funerals.
- Record all membership data, including births, deaths, baptisms, weddings, new members, transfers, etc., along with updated information on members, in Church Windows.
- Order and distribute Upper Rooms and all UMC Special Sundays offering envelopes.
- Download birthday listing monthly for St Marks app.
- SGB Spiritual Formation leader will work with those making prayer quilts/shawls to have them available for Sunday prayer.
- Give oversight to all office equipment, maintenance and buying, that belongs to St Marks.
- Coordinate the parking lot rentals in consultation with SGB Community Building leader. (The pay that was given to Parking Lot coordinator originally was folded into the compensation of this position.)
- Work with custodians and Building Superintendent in regard to property issues.
- Provide oversight for church finances and system for income/paying expenses, record income weekly, and serve as SGB: Finance leader. Annually work with SGB and Church Treasurer to prepare budget for Church Conference and monthly to prepare financial handout to SGB leaders.
- Work with pastor on arrangements for weddings, funerals, and baptisms. Receive payments, as called for.
Reception & Support
- Reception & welcoming of visitors and congregational members to church
- Phone support – answer, transfer, take messages, and assist the caller.
- Provide support to congregation and visitors as needed
- Sort and deliver incoming mail, respond to and forward email messages.
The Administrative Assistant is supervised and accountable to the pastor.
Qualifications: High school diploma or GED, proficient word processing skills, ability to utilize computer programs or willing to learn, experience in clerical duties, finances, excellent communication skills, ability to work with minimal direct supervision, ability to deal with confidential matters, comfortable being alone in building. Programs used include Microsoft Publisher, Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook. Apple Products such as MacBook and it programs.
Time Requirements: 24 hours weekly (10 am – 5 pm) Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
(Extra time may be needed in a particular week, such as if there is a funeral or reporting deadline; employee will be given time off to compensate, at the discretion of the pastor)
Compensation & Benefits: Salary is set by Financial committee.
Evaluation: Conducted annually by pastor and shared with SPRC.