Discussing health in the church
dates back to John Wesley,
who wrote extensively
about staying physically healthy,
as well as spiritually healthy.
- Stay home if you feel sick, are running a fever, are coughing, or feel like you have the flu.
- Thoroughly wash your hands (wash with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds).
- When you cough, do so into elbow/sleeve, use tissues, dispose of tissues properly, and be sure to wash your hands afterwards.
- If you have traveled to an area on increased alert for COVID-19 and you feel sick, seek medical attention. Follow this link to the CDC for more information.
- The symptom incubation period for the virus is 2-14 days. If you don’t feel well, contact your doctor. Your physician may recommend the best course of action is for you to stay home for 14 days. Masks are helpful for those who are sick, but are not necessary for those who do not have cold or flu symptoms.
- Clean your phone and electronic device keyboards often. Perhaps at the same time you wash your hands. We touch our phones a lot!
- Do not touch your face. Do not touch your nose. Do not touch your mouth! If you do, then wash your hands with warm water and soap.