God – Jesus – Disciples – Us – Communities
“I am the Vine, you are the branches.
When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic,
the harvest is sure to be abundant.” John 15:5 MSG
The West Virginia Lay Ministry Team and the Congregational Vitality Team are excited to offer a unique opportunity for pastors and laity leaders in our Conference to learn from and interact with two very influential ministry leaders.
Kay Kotan – founder of You Unlimited and Impressions Unlimited, professionally credentialed coach, consultant, speaker, and author of more than a dozen books.
Jason Moore – founder of Midnight Oil Productions, speaker, consultant, author, and media expert.
Are teaming up to bring us the Set in Motion Webinars
We are offering a series of five webinars over the next few months called Set in Motion: Leading Through the Post-Pandemic Domino Effect.
These sessions, when taken together, will equip laity and clergy throughout our Conference to take the transformational power of Jesus Christ out into our communities.
Saturday August 21st 10:00am to 11:30am – Kay Kotan will share with us information from The Ultimate Relaunch Playbook, which is part of her book, Being the Church in a Post-Pandemic World.
- While the pandemic has had a horrible side, the domino effect for the church has provided an opportunity to reset: REcalibrating, RElating, REcommitting, RElaunching.
- Each reset builds on the next and creates momentum for the next.
- The Ultimate Relaunch Playbook builds on all five aspects of the “Domino Effect”
- God – refocus on our recommitment to the Great Commission
- Jesus – refocus on our relating as instructed by the Great Commandment
- Disciples – refocus on ministries that share the Good News
- Us – caring for those who experienced loss and reconnect with those who have distanced themselves from the church
- Communities – relaunch the church into the community
Saturday September 11th 10:00am to 11:30am – Jason Moore will share with us part one of his BOTH/AND presentation.
- How can we best maximize hybrid worship experiences for online and in-person audiences.
- Discover the “Why” behind continuing to offer truly hybrid worship experiences.
- Develop a theology, methodology of and explore the rites and rituals of worship in a post-pandemic world.
- Best practices from Jason’s experience working with churches around the country and doing this presentation with almost every UMC conference in the country.
Saturday October 30th 10:00am to 11:30am – Kay Kotan will share with us Game Change for the Post Pandemic Church, also from her new book.
- 85% of churches were plateaued or declining prior to Covid. As we begin to emerge from the pandemic, some churches have found new footing and vitality, while others are struggling even more. It is time to focus on the deep, adaptive changes required of churches to be vital in the post-pandemic world.
- Game changers: Flexibility, relational, visionary, spiritually grounded, commitment, innovation, resilience, courage
- Game Changers builds upon the five aspects of the “Domino Effect”
- God – Spiritually grounded
- Jesus – Relational, resilience
- Disciples – Flexible, courage
- Us – Visionary, commitment
- Communities – Innovation
Saturday November 6th 10:00am to 11:30am – Jason Moore will share with us part two of his BOTH/AND presentation.
Saturday December 11th 10:00am to 11:30am – Kay Kotan and Jason Moore will be with together with us as we host a panel discussion.
- Questions will be submitted prior to this webinar.
- Members of the Conference Lay Leadership Team and the Congregational Vitality Team will also be available.
- Conversation will focus on how each local church can best apply what has been covered in the previous four webinars.
- How can we do more together?
- Importance of a community focus. (relaunch, relational, not transactional)
- This is a once-in-a-lifetime ministry opportunity for churches as we come out of the pandemic. How do we ensure we don’t let it slip?
To register for the Zoom Webinar click here. A link will be emailed to you.
Participants register once and will then be registered for all five webinars.
There is no cost for these webinars to anyone (clergy or laity) withing the West Virginia Conference.