A district by district list of upcoming opportunities for the laity of the West Virginia Conference to respond to God’s call! You are welcome to attend any of the events listed, regardless of District. To learn more contact the district office where the training is being held.
Conference or UM Foundation courses:
- Guest Readiness Seminary with Jason Moore, December 7 and 9
- West Virginia Annual Conference Communications Retreat at Gassaway UMC on December 8 and 9
- Foundation Academy of Faith and Generosity at Canaan Valley Resort on March 18-20, 2020.
Classes have been completed for the year in the Greenbrier district, but expect another round of classes in the spring and late summer/fall.
- March 27 and 28, 2020 – Lay servant classes
- Lay Servant Academy was
heldin October. More to come
- Leadership 101 (The Basic Course) will be offered at Shinnston UMC from 6-8pm on November 4, 11, 18, 25, and December 2.
- Leading Prayer, an advanced course, will be offered at Phlippi UMC from 1-3 p.m. on November 5, 12, 19, 28 and December 3.
- March 14, 2020 – full day Academy
- September 12, 2020 – full day Academy
- Lay Servant Academy at Simpson UMC, Moundsville on October 19 and November 2. Classes offered include the Basic Course, and Advanced Courses on the topics of Discovering Spiritual Gifts, Leading Worship, and From Pew to Pulpit (preaching).
- Fall Academy was held in October, more to come.
- Lay Servant Academy was held in October, more to come.
- Basic Course on November 2 at Calvary UMC in Clarksburg.
- Church Leaders training on January 18 for new church officers and leaders (not lay servant classes, but specifically for new officers).
- Lay Ministry Conference and Training Academy on March 21, 2020 at Chapel Hill UMC, Buckhannon
- Lay Leadership Training for church officers at Steele Memorial UMC, Barboursville on November 2.
- Lay Servant Ministries Training at Steele Memorial UMC, Barboursville on November 2 and 3. Classes include the Basic Course, and three advanced courses on the topics of Preaching, Spiritual Gifts, and SHAPE: Finding and Fulling Your Unique Purpose in life.