Disability Ministries highlights October areas of focus
By Michael Ludle,
Disability Ministries Chair
I greet you the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Fall is here and we will be having Fall Festivals and Trunk or Treats and so on. A question to ask yourself is, “Can everyone participate in our event?” We assume that folks can, and we forget sometimes about certain disabilities. So, it is always good to just think about accessibility.
Here are some observances in October:
- ADHD Awareness Month; www.adhdawarenessmonth.org
- Down Syndrome Awareness Month; www.ndss.org
- National Disability Employment Awareness Month; www.dol.gov
- Occupational Therapy Awareness Month; www.aota.org
- World Cerebral Palsy Day—October 6; www.worldcpday.org
- OCD Awareness Week—October 13-19; www.iocdf.org
- Notional Physical Therapy Month; www.apta.org
- Rett Syndrome Awareness Month; www.nationaltoday.com
- Special Needs Law Month; www.naela.org
- Spina Bifida Awareness Month; www.spinabifidaassociation.org
I hope you have a blessed October. If you have any thoughts or ideas you would like to share send them on, firstname.lastname@example.org.