You Can Help District Events benefit Conference Mission Projects & Service Agencies
The 2019 Celebration of Mission Events are scheduled to be held in the nine districts of the WV Annual Conference during the next couple of weeks. The Celebration of Mission Events will be receiving cash and tangible gifts for the support of our seven Conference Mission Projects, our Church and Community Ministries, Volunteers in Mission and, the newest addition, New Vision Depot Disaster Response.
Last year the Celebration of Mission Event raised $103,038.34 in cash and an estimated $35,000.00 in donated tangible goods for our Conference Mission Ministries. Every cent received is used for the support of these ministries. Over the past 10 years the Celebration of Mission Event (COME) has raised more than one million dollars in cash and donated an estimated $475,000.00 in tangible goods to the Conference Mission Ministries.
This year four districts will hold Celebration of Mission Events separate from District Conferences. They are:
- Greenbrier District on April 27 at Rainelle United Methodist Church
- Little Kanawha District on April 27 at Stout Memorial United Methodist Church
- MonValley District on April 27 at East Fairmont High School
- Wesleyan District on April 27 at Quiet Dell United Methodist Church
The remaining five districts will combine their COME with District Conferences:
- Southern District on April 28 at First United Methodist Church, Princeton
- Midland South District on May 5 at Morris Memorial United Methodist Church
- Northern District on May 5 at Simpson-Moundsville United Methodist Church
- Potomac Highlands District on May 5 at Burlington UM Family Services Gym
- Western District on May 5 at First United Methodist Church, Barboursville
Both cash and gifts of goods may be brought to any of the Celebration of Mission sites. Representatives of the Conference Mission Ministries will transport the goods to their various locations. All checks are to be made payable to the WV Conference Treasurer. Requested needs and additional information is found on the Conference Website under the heading of “Change the World-Special Ministries,” on District Websites and in District Newsletters.
If you have a completed Mission Passport, please present it at your district COME gathering to receive a free packet of 12 greeting cards with artwork designed by children served by our Conference Mission Projects. Greeting card packets will also be available for purchase. All proceeds will go toward each district’s dedicated COME recipient projects.