As we get ready to move into March and prepare for the Lenten Season there are also many ways that you can lift certain disabilities as March is a busy month for awareness. Here are the following observances:
- Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month: cerebralpalsy.org, with March 25 as an awareness day.
- Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month: naccdd.org/ddam
- Multiple Sclerosis Month: mymsaa.org
- Social Work Awareness Month: socialworkers.org
- Trisomy Awareness Month: trisomy.org
There are a few individual days as well:
- March 1: Self-Injury Day and International Wheelchair Day
- March 20: Brain Injury Awareness Day
- March 21: World Down Syndrome Day, and March 26 purple Day for Epilepsy.
As we do the work that God has called us to do may we not forget those that struggle with all kinds of disabilities both seen and unseen. If there are those that need any information or would like to do something in your church, parish, etc. and need some help feel free to contact Michael Ludle. God Bless.