Seventeen scouts and leaders earned “The Good Book Patch” Sept. 7-9 at WVU Jackson’s Mill.
“The Good Book Patch” is considered the anchor patch in Bible Basics, which encourages youth and adults to read the Bible, take time to picture the passage, ponder its meaning and put it into action. The patch series was developed by the Program for Religious Activities with Youth.
Each scout and adult completed three classes taught by Rev. Dr. Timothy J. Allen during Circuit Rider 30, a gathering held in conjunction with the West Virginia United Methodist Men’s retreat. The patch was offered during the retreat because the United Methodist Men believe that scouting is ministry.
Earning the patch were:
- Adam Ranson and Robert Ranson of Pack 120, Fairmont.
- Jack Wilson, Kensy McGill, Cynan Wolf, Brock Lewis and Kristy Lewis of Troop 6, Wheeling.
- Darryl Blosser, Lee Horton, Mathew Cale and Konor Straight, Troop 64, Morgantown.
- Wayne Ward, Shawn Holcomb and Tryston Taylor, Troop 258, Point Pleasant.
- John Seibert and Simon Harvey, Troop 547, Clarksburg.
- Tyson Cremeans, Troop 733, Barboursville.