Friday, June 9 business recap
- Received welcome from Boyd Creasman, acting president of West Virginia Wesleyan College.
- Approved rules as presented.
- Voted for a resolution that the current General Conference delegation will represent the conference at the 2019 Special Called Session of General Conference.
- Approved a resolution affirming the bishop, cabinet, and clergy members of the conference.
- Voted on five Constitutional Amendments which would change the constitution of the United Methodist Church if approved.
- Heard from the Conference Disaster Relief Team and Cathy Earl from the United Methodist Committee on Relief.
- Memorial Service recognized clergy, clergy spouses and surviving spouses who have died since the last annual conference.
- Experienced the Circles of Grace with a conversation around the Commission on a Way Forward.
- Approved the pensions report.
- Increased minimum compensation levels for full time clergy in the following categories:
- Heard from Clayton Childers from the General Board of Church and Society and Craig Catlett from United Methodist Communications.
- Recognized BA Miskowiec for a professional certification in Spiritual Formation as well as recognizing those who have completed the Course of Study.